Saturday, March 15, 2014

Anna and Ella: "The Alligator Game"

Our grand-daughters are four and a half years old, love to dress up in 'princess clothes', watch Ballerina Angelina videos over and over and over, and surprisingly, play a game I invented all by myself called The Alligator Game.

I play the significant role - the fierce alligator. I chase princesses and ballerinas around the house and wait patiently while they hide under covers on the guest bed or sneak behind bedroom doors. Unfortunately, I am often unable to find them and they laugh at me. Poor alligator!

Occasionally, I find them under a bundle of covers and try to eat their toes. One girls offers her fingertips instead but I say I don't like the taste of her nail polish. The other is completely opposed to my attempts to nibble her nose but doesn't mind if I tickle it with my whiskers. Their laughter is infectious and the game that used to last five minutes now occupies them for 15 - 20 or until the alligator is tired.

I could say more but it's 10:30 in the morning and this alligator needs a nap already.

Link to more Anna and Ella

No comments: