Saturday, March 15, 2014

"A knight in shining internet"

While waking up from my first nap of the day, this old alligator heard his wife say, "I can't find my banana muffin recipe. I forget how much baking soda and baking powder to add." And time was of the essence because she had her twin grand-daughters  - age 4 and 1/2 and in matching aprons - at the ready, prepared to stir anything that was within easy reach.

Normally, I stay out of the girls' hair when smushed bananas and mixing bowls are scattered about the kitchen, but an idea popped into my head. Google.

Within seconds I had 3,700,000 banana muffin recipes on my iPad screen and knew the answer to "how much baking soda," etc. So, I walked to the kitchen and placed the iPad carefully on the counter, far enough away from smushed bananas to feel at peace.

My lovely wife gave the old alligator a smile, and I walked away feeling like a knight in shining internet.

No comments: