Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Workshop: "without freezing my fingertips"

I go inside the shop just about every winters day in order to collect a scoopful of mixed seed for the bird feeder. But I haven't worked on any more that one or two 'shop projects' since Christmas. Yesterday that all changed when temperatures soared - it felt like a record high - above zero Celsius.


I changed the blade on my table saw without my hands going numb. I made careful measurements at my work bench without freezing my fingertips or toes. Two saws worked perfectly and aromatic dust filled the air. In other words, all went well!

Two rustic duplexes w side feeders are now underway. I am using scruffy lumber out of a century-old 'tear-down addition' from a house reno, and though it doesn't look like anything fancy to the casual observer, it's fine western cedar and the birdhouses will last longer than we will.



Call me a happy camper.

Link to The Workshop

Photos by GH

No comments: