Saturday, August 13, 2022

More Photos From the Workshop (8)

  There are Details re Birdhouses, Mailboxes, Treasure

Boxes And More, Especially More Birdhouses

Shadow box shows off a few fancy lures...

...and a not-so-fancy plastic bobber

Introduction:

The Workshop is a great place to think. While cutting lumber or assembling a project, new ideas start to form. "If I change the size of this, or add a particular feature to that, I'll have a brand new design." Pretty soon one has more ideas than time on the clock.

Please find below about 100 photos taken while working or thinking in the shop:



The cedar came from Joe Flagler's old dock, Fenelon Falls. I paid $500 to have all the wood delivered to London and still have enough for another 50 - 100 more log cabins.



Pine tri-plexes take a long time to make but are real eye-catchers in my opinion:






"Nick's Tackle and Journal Box" was a significant project:












These photographs are shared in the order they were taken. My shop had a few things going on at the same time, apparently!



I was commissioned to build one mailbox, but it is almost as easy to build 3 - 4 at a time, so I did:







What is a 800-pound gorilla doing in my workshop? Anything it wants, of course!






Note the red spoons in above photo. They will show up later.





















First sketches of a squirrel box!




















First sketches of a 'poetry box' for a friend in 'the 'hood'::





















I think the large frame below was used to display fabric art:





Hey, the wooden spoons are bringing in stations as far away as Erie!








Gord enjoys his workshop!

More to follow!

Please click here to view More Photos From the Workshop (7)

Photos GH

No comments: