Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Port Bruce: The Land That Time Forgot (1)

 Fish. Gulls. BLT. Key Lime. Big Sky. Distant Horizon. The Usual.

Unique discovery - I found this Pt. Bruce shot in 'recovered files' (WTHeck?) 

Introduction:

The gull (center) in the above photo flew in a straight line from right to left, west to east. Only a second passed before a second gull followed. Destination unknown. 

And all was silent. The water was still, five or six fishermen waited wordlessly for a bite, and I was far enough from the traffic round-about not to hear any motor rumble or order-clerk at the Corner View - a nearby restaurant - call out, "Gord, your BLT is ready."

I owned a perfect motorcycle from 2009 - 2019 (and other good ones before that), it fit me like a glove, started first time every time, and for many years when the day was just right I would check my wallet ("I only need ten bucks"), check the gas tank (I needed 6 litres: Pt. Bruce is 122 km. round trip from my front porch), and usually I could be on my way in 15 - 20 minutes. Everything else in life, except for medical emergencies, could wait. I'd ride SE from the porch, park near the boat channel, order food and a coffee, wander about with my camera(s), then bike back home with a sense of profound contentment. 

Those three-hour stints were filled with dozens of small pleasures, the memories of which will never leave me. It would take a year or more, maybe a thick book with 100s of photos to explain it.

Here's a piece of it:
















Please click here to view more photos from Port Bruce. Motorcycle Miles 2019 (4)

Unattributed Photos GH

No comments: