Monday, August 15, 2022

Turtle Tours: Videos, Thames River, London ONT (1)

 A Variety of Turtles Thrive Near the Downtown

Spiny Soft Shell (left) and a Common Map Turtle park beside the Thames 
River across from Harris Park. More photos here: Turtle Tour Photos Pt. 1

Introduction:

Is 2022 a banner year for local turtles for some reason? Though I'm not up to the latest, I do know that other excellent photos of turtles (and much more) appear on "London Area Wildlife Network L.A.W.N." 

I also know that turtles are pretty interesting creatures: They hear me before I see them, they can hit the water in mere seconds if they feel threatened, and there are some old Snapping Turtles in the Thames that look prehistoric.

Near the TVP (north), Baldwin Flats. HUGE! Photo 2021 GH

Recently I decided to turn some of my photos into short videos:


More to follow.

Please click here to view several photographs 'from along the way', taken Thames Valley Parkway (north), near Harris Park, Blackfriars Bridge and Oxford Street, about a 15 - 30 minute walk from the heart of Wortley Village.

Got an hour? Be sure to pack a camera or two : )

Photos, Videos by GH

No comments: