Tuesday, August 16, 2022

More Photos From The Workshop (9)

  The Birdhouses Keep on Coming, and Going

Some Go as Far as Quebec.

Tall western cedar house with a feeder on the side

Introduction:

The workshop often smelled like the most pleasant spot in the neighbourhood. I recall a friend and neighbour dropping by one evening for a "shed night" (7 - 10 of us from the 'hood would share bevvies) and once inside the door he stopped, took a deep breath, and said, "I love the smell of this place!" The bevvies might cost money but the aroma was free!

Below you will find some of the items I worked on, e.g., some custom items worth a pretty penny and log cabins that sold out in a flash at local sales, and more:










Early stages of custom birdhouse destined for Quebec:








I take time out to play hockey w a dozen or two guys my age... senior-ish:


Custom birdhouse (destined for Montreal) and shadow box (destined for a retired draftsman), and a few custom cats:




















Feeders take over the shop:















Lovely cedar feeder:



Wee chimneys for cedar and barn board birdhouses:







One of my early Swap Boxes, before I started making plexiglass doors, w proper hinges:







I put finishing touches to a shadow box, a commissioned piece for a retired draftsman:









This plaque was found on a baseboard in my house. It was home to chains that controlled air flow from the original 1920s furnace:





Cedar bird feeder:



For a few years I was able to purchase lovely barn board from a mill in Fenelon Falls:












The world's smallest purple martin house:


The shop is tidied up for a "shed night":


Maybe just a few more to follow. Surely I'm coming to the end... soon!

More photos from The Workshop can be seen by clicking here - More Photos from The Workshop (8)

Photos GH

No comments: