Friday, October 1, 2010

After 40 years of marriage I took my wife on a...

Mini-vacation to Ottawa.

Yup. She was so impressed.

And she didn’t seem to mind, as far as I could tell (after 40 years of sharing the same sugar bowl with her I have a sixth-sense about lots of stuff, e.g., she doesn’t like it when everything I wear at one time is made of denim), that I planned to have us walk to the National Art Gallery, only 6 - 15 blocks away from our hotel - again, as far as I could tell.


Visitors will come upon a striking monument dedicated to the spirit of reconciliation as they approach the gallery.


The outside of the gallery is most impressive, in my humble opinion.




The inside is nothing short of spectacular.


The above is one of the last in my set of ‘permitted photographs.’

***

Coming up next (under the cloak of darkness and secrecy) - the photographs that could cost me a whole whack of my hard-earned Boy Scout badges.

.

No comments: