Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Motorcycle Miles Pt 2: Under the spreading arms of a mystery tree

After taking a few pictures from a bridge in a Strathroy, Ontario park, I walked into the park itself.


["This leaf is from what type of tree? I'm stumped": photos GH]


A particular tree caught my eye.


It’s not a Manitoba maple tree.

It’s not a White maple tree, or a Crimson King.


It’s not a Red maple, but it’s something. A mystery tree for now.


If you know the type of tree, let me know.

***

Again, no prizes.

Just world-wide fame.

Please click here to view other recent photos.

.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Wish I knew - I've never seen leaves that shape before, hope you find out!

G. Harrison said...

What... i'll have to actually do some research??

all I know - it's some kind of maple.

Cheers,

Gord

Liz said...

I've been looking to see if you ever got an answer on this. Do you think it might be a tulip tree?

G. Harrison said...

Hi Liz,

I have not been successful.

I will research re your suggestion. and get back.

GH

G. Harrison said...

Hi Liz,

After a wee look around w help of Google I will confidently say you are right, it is a tulip tree aka Yellow Poplar, seen to turn yellow in the fall, and in great numbers along the Appalachian Trail in Virginia.

See www.olddominionwildlife for more details.

Thanks for your question and help.

GH