Monday, September 2, 2019

Harrisons Hit Chicago (2).

A City to Explore.

Paul and I didn't stand around for long. So much to see!

I'm sure many people feel the same way I do after a lovely trip to a big city. We start planning the next trip before we've even left town.

Often when my two sons and I talk about making plans together for a tour of some kind, Chicago springs to mind. As do Toronto and Hamilton, home to our two most recent walking, exploring, sipping jaunts, aka Beer Tours. 

Because I came home with so many photos, I felt I should post a few to inspire our next trip of some kind (aka "Another Beer Tour") and to encourage others to plan their own walkabouts to cities close at hand or far, far away.

Photos From Along the Way:

Great walking in Millennium Park

We toured a nearby museum camera at the ready.


Words to live by.

I did a lot of rubber-necking in the downtown area.

Paul leads us toward a famous Tea Shop for souvenirs.




At Revolution Brewing I tried a new flight... and water! Lots of water.

One of my favourite spots, The Map Room. Mid-afternoon.

Pizza and beer at our next stop. Supper time. Great menus.

Unusual artistic display, waling south on Michigan Ave., near Roosevelt. 

Decor inside front lobby, but it's not our hotel. Too rich for me.


North Michigan Avenue. I am on second floor of a candy factory!



A lovely pit stop at Half Acre Brewpub. 


Rescued lumber, from inside a mill. The wood was eroded over the years, by
grain as it was unloaded into a large holding room. Awesome, I say.

The subway and walking trip to Maria's Packaged Goods was well worth it.

MARIA'S! Let's go again!

More from Chicago to follow.

Please link to Harrisons Hit Chicago (1)

Photos GH

No comments: