Monday, September 23, 2019

The Taste of Elderberries.

On the Way to Port Bruce.

I like to jump into ditches that feature elderberries!

When on regular motorcycle rides during warmer months in Canada, I would keep my eye open for elderberry bushes. They would display distinctive flowers in June and July and small purple berries in late August - early September.

When they ripened I would pull my bike over and jump into the ditch and head toward the fence rows. I would seldom walk away without a photo and a mouthful of tart berries. And then, feeling suitably rewarded for my efforts, I would continue toward my lakeside destination, usually Port Bruce.

More berries:



Another stop beside my favourite barn was often warranted. I imagined a sign over the barn door - Gord's Workshop - and a sales table filled with many birdhouses and a few pieces of rustic furniture made from rescued lumber:



Yes, a man is allowed to dream : )

Next stop, Port Bruce!

Presenting, The Day of the Gulls:










Photos by GH

No comments: