Friday, August 8, 2014

Birdhouse London

Five Models from Red Cedar

 ["Ah, lovely roofs, and my one salad fork
(bird motif) makes 2 perfect perches!"]

The red cedar faces and sides are produced with new lumber, the roofs from used western cedar and pine - leftover strips from other projects. The above have lovely pine roof slats, too colourful to cover with paint. I added marine varnish to give them a bit of extra protection from Canadian winters.


["These three have two coats of paint and
- w trim - will soon be out the door"]

The three models above have western cedar roofs and I added the primary colours to catch the eye. Today is 'trim day', and after windows, perches, etc. are added I will place the yellow house atop its own pole. Its future owner will only need to dig a shallow hole in the ground before planting it.

Yup, 'Easy Kap-easy' is my middle name.

Link to more Birdhouse London

Photos GH

No comments: