Monday, August 18, 2014

It Strikes Me Funny

I'm Going High-Tech

["Notes like this one are piling up"]

I've been busy in the workshop lately, so busy in fact I've considered some 'high-tech' help. Here's what I've come up with to keep myself better organized, i.e., projects written down neatly, all in a very reasonable time slot, and still providing me with time off to relax, go motorcycling, and actually act like a retired guy. 

["I've assembled some high-tech materials"] 

["This is the key component to my organizational system"]

I've gathered a few important materials along with my usual slips of paper and short pencil stubs.

Materials include:

A 2014 calendar with big enough blocks of space to accommodate certain words/phrases - motorcycling, coffee time w ____, go swimming at the lake, date or movie night, party time, etc. (Oh yeah, there's gonna be some changes around here. I'm actually going to write more stuff down)

An old school scribbler in which I can jot down projects and a target date far enough away that I don't feel pressed for time

An old leather wallet/organizer with lots of pockets - for spare pens, paper, loose change, the odd tenner, pocket calendars, and what not.

Yes, some will laugh that the key parts of my organizational plan will be wrapped up inside a well-worn wallet made in the 1950s and not some battery-operated, pocket-sized iPhone or technologically-advanced organizer that's inter-connected with my computer and a creative-management system based somewhere in California. But, you have to know this... I'm new to this game, so give me time. I'll catch up if it's necessary.

["Why, I'm halfway there and it's just past breakfast time!"] 

Link to It Strikes Me Funny

Photos GH

2 comments:

Jane said...

I didn't think I'd need a calendar/agenda anymore but I'm floundering! I don't even have a desk anymore! I have several get togethers planned and nowhere to write them down!! Hmmmm, maybe my iPhone...

G. Harrison said...

I only went high-tech because of the increased demand for my swap boxes and 'little free libraries'. Whoops. Just got another order!.
I love my 1950s wallet/organizer. $5 at an antique shop in Bobcaygeon. Now I feel so with it, whatever 'it' is.