Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Workshop

Cedar Mission Church



The initial sketch of 'church, large steeple' came into being quite easily (I had a pencil in my shirt pocket and a notebook handy) , the measurements took a bit of thought, but once underway I enjoyed the whole 'cut, sand, and assemble ' process. So much so I made a second one (w blue trim) a day later.

This third one is a whole new ball game. Instead of barn board slats I've used a pile of western cedar logs (from Joe Flagler's dock reno) for many components.




["I still have to slap together the 'full-on trim package'"]

 Conclusions:

    very aromatic

    rustic

    I love me cedar pile!

    I think I'll do another one

Which model is your favourite? Pros and cons?

Link to more of The Workshop

Photos GH

No comments: