Thursday, August 7, 2014

It Strikes Me Funny

Skunk is Up Earlier Part 2

["I've been watching the skunk's front door closely
(i.e., under white window edge)"]

["Here it comes! Very early too"]

The skunk that lives under my backyard shed is getting up earlier everyday it seems. First I saw him at 1:34 P.m., then at 1:15-ish, and yesterday it was doing its 'walk about' at a few minutes after 10 A.M.

What's going on? Is it ignoring nocturnal instincts because grubs are in season? (It is leaving huge divots for me to fill in every morning). Is it a restless sleeper? Got a date later?

["It fooled me, and came out the side door"]

["Right under my study window. I'll
open it quietly to get a better shot"]

["Obviously, I wasn't quiet enough!"]

["Okay, okay, I get your point!"]

Be careful out there.

Link to YouTube video of our friendly (so far) skunk

Link to more It Strikes Me Funny

Photos and video GH

2 comments:

Jane said...

Well he seems friendly enough - you just better keep your windows well oiled! Is he single? A family man? Hoo boy!

G. Harrison said...

I have a thot re the skunk's early rising each day. Maybe he has a family on the way, or young ones under the shed. He sure is restless... and I've oiled my window!!