Sunday, October 12, 2014

Scotland 2014

Favourite Photo


I'll cross an important item off my bucket list while in Inveraray next weekend. I'll tramp around some hills behind the former site of HMS Quebec (big Navy base where many Canadians trained with other members of Combined Operations during WW2), and when I find a patch of purple heather I'll have a quiet sit down and read a piece from one of his stories:

Now, at H.M.S. Quebec there were a lot of adventures, therefore many memories. One I will always remember is about getting up in the morning to see the sun shining through the mist onto the purple heather. I made an excursion one day and actually rolled in it - to my delight - even though it was damp.

Even if the back of my pants get pretty wet I'll thank my dad for his stories, Navy memoirs and a job well done. Then I'll have a good roll.

Link to Scotland 2014

Photo GH

No comments: