Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bird Watching: Male cardinal too quick for me

I saw the male cardinal for two seconds. He saw me move behind a back room window and was gone.

Rats. Didn’t have time to even raise my camera.


However, the female cardinal returned and sat on the feeder and clothesline long enough for me to watch her eat, and snap a few photos.


["Female cardinal is more relaxed than her partner": photos GH]

Chickadees flew back and forth, back and forth, from nearby trees to the feeder and back, as if on a tight schedule. Maybe a neighbour of mine has a better seed mix and the chickadees are booked for a 12:30 appt.


Speaking of rats. A large furry one watched the birds as well.


Three snowballs chased him over the back fence. I know he’ll be back.

***

More Bird Watching here.

.

No comments: