Saturday, December 4, 2010

Made in Canada: Dawn dish soap is not a local product

Earlier today, while washing dishes, I grew curious about where our dish soap originated.

Yes, it came from a plastic bottle and from a supermarket located in Deforest City.

But like many other curious dishwashers, I wanted to know more.


["Definitely not Made in Canada": photo GH]

Is my dish soap made in Canada? Will it make my hands smell pretty?

To answer the first question I visited www.dawn-dish.ca

I read a few FAQs.

E.g., “Which company owns Dawn?”


Answer:

“Dawn was created by Procter & Gamble® (P&G) in 1973. P&G is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and provides products and services of superior quality and value to consumers in over 80 countries worldwide.”

In other words, I’m washing dishes with liquid soap that has come from a long way away.

The US is closer than China but I’m still disappointed.

Does Canada make a dish soap?

I’d like to know.

BTW.

For those who wonder about such things, here is another FAQ.

“Will Dawn Dish Soap Lighten my Dyed Black Hair?”

Answer:

“yeah it will work. DON'T leave it on. just use it like shampoo.”

So now you know.

***

Link to the earlier post re Dawn.

The list of ingredients sure contains a lot of strange chemicals.

What do the chemicals do to the fresh water in the Great Lakes after helping remove dried egg from a plate?

For something lighter, please read I Ask You here.

.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Nature Clean brand is made in Canada and pretty sure it's a Canadian owned company. I find it in Ptbo at a local health food place and Loblaws Supercentre.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the comment. PTbo is a tough drive - what w Toronto in the way! - but I'll check out the Loblaws store a few blocks away.

I lied. I'll mention it to my wife!

Cheers,

GH