Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: So many ideas, so little space

Another deadline approaches for my weekly column in The Londoner.

As usual, I have more ideas and words than the paper has space.

For example, as I sit down in front of the computer I’m sure I can write 1,000 words about two competing ideas - and if Canada’s World Jr. Hockey team wasn’t playing the Czech Rep. right now I’d actually get started!

First idea - New York Buried Under Snow.

Sure, we’ve seen it all before - up to our armpits just two weeks ago - but snow stories hold excitement, drama, thrills, chills and spills.

Second idea - Gord Buys Snow Tires at Canadian Tire.

Excitement, drama, thrills, chills and spills? Well, maybe not as much but I did get spied upon by store security. Cool.


["I admit, I looked suspicious during my university days": GH 1969]

So, NY and snow, or CT and snow tires?

NY? CT? NY? CT? NY? CT?

I think I’ll go with the CT drama because it’s so fresh in my mind, it’s local and in the end I saved over 100 bucks.

How’s that for a happy ending!

***

Please visit my most recent column here.

A new column appears on Thursday and the CT drama will appear the following Thursday.

Unless I’m in jail.

.

No comments: