Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Zoom w a View: Rescued lumber becomes a new floor

Friend George dropped in while I was shovelling a chunnel to my shop.

Good timing, I thought. I needed a break.

He showed me a sample of wood for his new floor. Beautiful, 100-year old hemlock, from an old barn.


["Rescuing old barns is a rewarding business today": photos GH]


As soon as I saw it I said, “I just used the same wood as trim on a birdhouse.”


I went to retrieve it from the basement.

“Sold,” he said. “I’ll pick it up Friday.”


I wasn’t totally surprised. I know George likes my birdhouses from rescued lumber.

But though I’m looking forward to his return visit, I’m looking forward more to seeing his new “old, rescued” floors. (And any scraps that might be hanging around the job site!)

***

More Zoom w a View here.

.

No comments: