Tuesday, December 7, 2010

London’s Weather: Level 4 snow conditions continue

Yesterday I determined that London’s snowy conditions were at Level 4.

After several complicated, scientific mathematical calculations - you know I’m serious when I colour my Venn diagram with pencil crayons - I concluded that people shouldn’t go outdoors without a winter coat, boots, mittens and woollen cap. I was this close ( - ) to adding a scarf to the mix and making it Level 5.


["My weather station, incl. dump truck, under 30 inches of snow": photos GH]

Hopefully by telling readers we were experiencing Level 4 conditions many survived while shovelling their sidewalks and driveway.

Regretfully, Rob Kuhn, meteorologist with Environment Canada, described London Ontario’s weather conditions by saying, “This is the biggest dump in London since 2006.” I mean, how does that help when shovelling the driveway?

Even though it has been said that Eskimos have 18 words for snow, I heard close neighbours come up with 3 new ones on my way to The Red Roaster for coffee this morning, giving Wortley Village a new total of 20 words for snow.


In spite of that, I would just like to say that after reviewing yesterday’s paperwork (10 out of 10 for the colouring) and sticking my head out the back door, London’s winter weather is still at Level 4.

Have a great day out there.

***

See more about London’s weather here.

.

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

Don't forget earmuffs. I have become manic about woolies this winter - I got tired of feeling chills in inconvenient spots while walking the dog. So in addition to my flap-equipped Elmer Fudd-esque hat, I lay over a huge neck warmer and earmuffs in addition to Sorel boots, the thickest wool mittens I've ever owned and a ginormous Columbia parka that eats winter for breakfast.

I'm thrilled we finally have weather that lets me give all this cozy stuff a real workout.

G. Harrison said...

Carmi, you are very well prepared. Because I am only 3 blocks from the Red Roaster I can usually travel in very light gear.

However, my toque is always on my head. An Elmer Fudd-esque hat...? Not 'til January!

Cheers,

Gord