Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day Weather: By gosh, a touch of snow

For the first time in December I laced on winter boots before walking to The Red Roaster for coffee.

While making my way there I knew the friend I was meeting was not going to be alone. (Maybe his wife would be with him?) There was actually enough snow on the ground to reveal two sets of human foot prints and numerous animal tracks.


["Snow on the ground. Lovely.": photo GAH]

‘Enough snow?’ One quarter inch.

Not enough for me but a start.

I’d now like to see a thick blanket of snow cover the ground until the end of February. The earth needs its rest.

What are my odds?

***

64 to 1 against, in my opinion. (Based on the fact there are 64 days between now and Feb. 28).

I’m not a betting man on this one. I think I’ll lose.

.

No comments: