Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Two days to go and still no snow whipping in from the east

Christmas will not be cancelled due to lack of snow. The day will still be wonderful without it. It just won’t be as white.


["I can't drive this without snow tires, says my wife": photo GAH]

And deep down inside of me I’ll know that I’ll be able to celebrate all that is significant about Christmas without 18 inches of snow. (Global warming and climate change aside, the heart of Christmas is the same).


["Snow is almost gone. Wanna go to California?": photo GAH]

Oh yes, I said eighteen inches. The East Coast got 18 inches, so I want 18 inches. Bracebridge got 18 in one day, I want it spread over two.

Is it so much to ask?

***

Though California sounds nice on paper, I know it’s not as nice as my backyard buried in snow.

.

No comments: