Friday, December 11, 2009

From the Workshop: A break in the ice... er, action

The wind blew so hard yesterday that my workshop door rattled every few seconds. The heavy metal bar used to lock the door swung back and forth after each blast as well and made a sound like approaching footsteps.

I turned my head so many times to see if anyone was about to enter I now have a crink in my neck.

(Is crink a real word or another invention of mine? It’s a cross between a cramp and a kink. If it’s not a real word it should be. Sorry, I digress).


["A four-plex from a huge stack of rescued lumber": photos GAH]

After 15 minutes of work on a four-plex I noticed the frost was melting on my one window.


I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I thought the icy images were captivating.


I don’t see much snow in London (drat!) but at least I have a bit of interesting ice close at hand.

.

No comments: