Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love Is All You Need?: Add snow tires and safety vest

The Beatles didn’t have to deal with slippery roads or wives (perhaps) who would keep after them about putting snow tires on their cars in wintertime.

But I do. (I’m not a Beatle, and I’m definitely not Bob Dylan).


["I know it's not much snow but drive carefully!": photos by GAH]

Though we have barely one-eighth of an inch of snow today (it will be gone tomorrow, I bet) I’ve been told roads are slippery.

Well, they might have been when my wife went to Ollie’s house, but by the time I walked to The Red Roaster for a cuppa dark roast this morning the streets were clear.


["It is slippery. Good thing I wore my safety vest!"]

I’ve been told rain is coming. I don’t want to believe it.

I still have hopes for 18 inches of snow by Christmas.

***

I still owe you photos of the snow pile outside my sister’s window in Bracebridge.

I’ll get on it... soon.

.

No comments: