Friday, December 11, 2009

Lunch with Gordie: Probiotic just sounds so blinkin’ positive, eh

Sure, I had toast with PB for breakfast and toast with PB and bananas for lunch (should I have written ‘toast w PBB?’) but that doesn’t mean I’m hooked on PB.

I’m just lazy. (I could have had ham and eggs but after turning on the heaters in the workshop I felt I wanted something quick).

And I grabbed a 100g container of Activia probiotic yogurt for dessert and caffeine free peppermint tea to drink.


(The tea is made by Tetley, is called Revive, and after I drink I feel so... revived. From what, I’m not sure. Sorry, I digress).

While waiting for the toast to pop I read the ingredient list on the yogurt label, though I felt sure I really didn’t need to worry about anything because ‘Activia’ coupled with probiotic makes it sound like I’m eating the healthiest food known to man.

But - does 13g of sugar sound high to you?

And I read 13g of sugar is only 5% of our daily requirement (i.e. 260g of sugar). Does that sound right to you?

To me, it sounds very high (it makes Activia taste like candy, not yogurt) and I’m glad I have a hockey game this afternoon.

***

I’m also glad I turned the heaters on in the shop.

Time for work.

.

1 comment:

Lost Motorcyclist said...

I'm going to check the Activia "plain" for sugar content next time I go to the store. I don't usually get plain because it tastes kind of sour to me.