Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Weather: I want snow because I’m spoiled rotten

I was forced to think after reading a comment attached to my short, but brilliant, weather report yesterday.

(I shouldn’t call my post a full-on weather report. I said nothing about Edmonton (Alberta, Canada, eh) being the coldest place IN THE WORLD a day or two ago, and I said not one word about Saskatchewan, even though one guy from Old Wives Lake found things a bit chilly at home after staying out too late).


["Pitiful. Not even a quarter inch yet": photos GAH]

Lost Motorcyclist said:

“I don't have any problem with snow if I don't have to walk in it, drive in it or shovel it. If we could use skis to get around, or snowmobiles for longer distances or heavy loads, I would say bring it on!”

I left the following response, and it’s all true:


["Come on, Snow": GAH]

“I've been spoiled. I live in a part of town where almost everything I need is an easy walk away. Plus, my wife loves to shovel. How nice is that?”



So, come on, Snow. I need another 17 and 7/8 inches by next Friday.

***

To get my mind off lack of snow I may go shopping today - for the standard; books, gift certificates, a few cheesy cards and ingredients for killer eggnog.

Is there a faster way to gain 5 pounds during the holidays than by drinking great nog?

.

No comments: