Sunday, December 13, 2009

Men are from Mars: Don't touch my leftovers. Just don't

You heard it here first. There may be a dust up in the kitchen in about 30 seconds.

About leftovers.

While I was eating lunch I thought, leftovers are going to taste so good tomorrow. I love Kraft Dinner and pork tenderloin with gravy on toast - together.

But while doing my dishes I overheard my wife on the phone with our youngest son (age 36).

"How are you fixed for lunch?" my wife asked. "I can bring over our leftovers if you're stuck."


["No more pix: I ate the tenderloin and gravy on toast"]

Wait just a doggone minute, I thought. I worked hard for that pork tenderloin. And KD.

He's 36, I thought. He and his wife both work. Money is no issue. Geez, Ollie is smart enough to make lunch. Why is my wife giving away our food? If a married couple and one smart kid can't come up with lunch I have a solution.

Mom could watch Ollie while dad buys some groceries. Or visa versa.

My son must have read my mind (over the phone - good trick) and graciously declined the kind offer.

Good thing too. I want those leftovers. I'm willing to arm wrestle for them.

You heard it here first.

.

No comments: