Thursday, December 31, 2009

Zoom w a View: Just getting my feet wet

In August, 2007, I travelled the north shore of Lake Superior on my 1984 1000cc Yamaha Virago.


["The clear water of Pancake Bay": photos GAH]

I enjoyed the 10-day solo trip immensely and still look at the snapshots on occasion, especially whenever prompted, which was the case after reading my sister’s Facebook entry yesterday.


(Her entry pertained to the following: Before I die, I want to: Travel around the world. What do YOU want to do before you die?

www.socialvibe.com

The true life story of four regular guys on a mission to complete a list of '100 Things To Do Before You Die' and to help and encourage others to go after their own lists.)

My thoughts:


Stay closer to home than the other side of the world. Stay-cations are catching on.

Re-visit the north shore of Superior. Get my feet wet again in Pancake Bay.

***

What spot close to your home is worth a revisit?

Do you think the desire to ‘see the world’ is overly-ambitious, too costly, too wasteful of limited resources?

.

No comments: