Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Canada will attend Environmental Conference in Copenhagen

Our Prime Minister will make a showing at the final leaders’ session and, if all goes as usual, will miss the photo op due to a call on his Blackberry or because of a lengthy bathroom break.

But at least he’ll be there for a few hours (phew) after months of saying he wouldn’t attend.

What changed his mind? As far as I can recall, he didn’t agree to attend until after he heard the US President was finally going to make an appearance.

Q: Is PM Harper Pres. Obama’s lap dog or something?

A: Or something.


Am I proud of Canada’s commitment, or lack thereof, to reducing our current carbon emissions?

It’s like asking, am I proud that my country is a world leader in greenhouse gas emissions and doesn’t really have any plan to reduce them in any significant way?

No, I’m not proud yet, but one day I think I will be.

Until then, live small, reduce spending, pay off debt and save your loonies and toonies for a geothermal heating unit.

***

You are saving your loonies, right?

And you have indoor clotheslines to reduce your hydro consumption? What else?

.

No comments: