Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It Strikes Me Funny: We’re not bankrupt already, are we?

From The Londoner, London’s Community Newspaper:

I often comb the business section of newspapers ­ looking for my one big break.

For example, when I spot a sale on original shares in Coca-Cola for five cents each, I'll buy $5.00 worth, for sure.

On December 23 I found an interesting news item in the London Free Press. It didn't lead to my fortune but left me with questions, which I tried to answer myself - because I was alone at the time.

The entire item follows:

'$15 Billion Weather a Disaster - a report from the Center for Research on Epidemiology of Disasters noted that 224 out of 245 international disasters this year were weather-related, causing $15 billion US in economic damages.'

Wow, that's a lot of weather-related disasters, I thought. Then the questions started.

Click here to read the rest of my weekly column.


.

No comments: