Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Weather: Good grief. Back to square one... or zero

I want 18 inches of snow in London by Christmas.

(To add a beautiful blanket of white to our surroundings and kill the bugs. Only 12 days to go).


["Back to square one. Pitiful": photos by GAH]

Because of a light drizzle today the 1/4 inch covering on parts of my back deck is disappearing while I type, and I think by noon we’ll be down to zero inches and back to square one.

Square one. Zero inches. How pitiful.


At least it’s cold enough outside to keep my postman from wearing Bermuda shorts and allow Jack Frost to paint icy scenes on my workshop window.


It’s not much, but it’s something.

***

Will you have (or want) 18 inches of snow by Christmas?

Already have it? Where?

.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'd love 18" of snow! Here, near Peterborough, we've got about 4 or 5" of snow on the ground, and the freezing rain just changed to snow. Maybe there's hope. ;-)

G. Harrison said...

Hi Liz,

I think you have a better chance than we do, to reach 18" by Christmas Day.

BTW, my son and daughter-in-law from Fenelon Falls are visiting. Their twin daughters were born in Peterborough. You have a beautiful hospital!

GAH